Within the Leonardo Da Vinci programme, the "Aqualingua" consortium, in which IOWater is partner, has developed an original system for the creation of technical drawings on water, with a legend drafted by professionals and aiming at a wide dissemination to the world of basic education and professional training in the water sector.
"Aqualingua" is thus made up of :
- a bank of educational water-related materials, including about 150 selected technological diagrams, drawn up or adapted by the consortium with 6 large topics and an access to the titles, legends and descriptive wording in 15 languages, in written and spoken form, with a search engine capable of operating in all these languages,
- a multilingual sharing system for creating and translating educational materials on water and bringing his/her own contribution using his/her own language,
- www.federgasacqua.it/aqualingua is the site for dissemination to the system users and especially to the training organisations and universities with a direct link to the relays of the "Aqualingua" network.
Today, the areas already covered are the following :
- drinking water production (treatment techniques, etc.),
- water supply (networks, valves, pumps, etc.),
- collective and on-site sanitation,
- river development.
Access to this site and its contents is free of charge within the European project.
In addition to the project itself, the exploitation of this site led us to propose to all industrialists and specialists of water-related training in Europe to contact us to continue to feed "Aqualingua" with new areas or generate technological innovations :
- tertiary treatments and urban and domestic wastewater,
- advanced technologies for drinking water treatment,
- on-site treatment and rehabilitation of groundwater, soils and rivers,
- techniques for saving water in households, etc.