(The News N° 17 - February 2010)
In 2009, the FNWTC had many training activities abroad.
- Algeria : the FNWTC worked for the Water and Sanitation Company of Algiers, consulting firms and for Degremont (wastewater treatment plants, sewerage systems, hygiene and safety).
- Tunisia : the FNWTC trained in industrial wastewater treatment the executives in charge of removing pollution from the Gulf of Tunis, ”SONEDE” in the welding of polyethylene drains and ”ONAS” in the rehabi - litation of sewerage systems. It also stu - died a wastewater treatment plant using "Filters Planted with Reeds" within the decentra lized cooperation of the Limousin Regional Council.
- Morocco : the FNWTC carried out the Training Plan of ”ONEP” on automatism, remote management and instrumentation. 4 training courses were also carried out for Moroccan Public Companies (cost accoun - ting and performance indicators). The FNWTC also conceived the “sanitation” training plan of ”RADEEMA”.
- Saudi Arabia : the FNWTC developed 40 training kits for Suez in Djeddah.
- Yemen :training in the maintenance of wastewater treatment plants in Balhaf.
- Djibouti : ”ONEAD” entrusted the FNWTC with assistance to the commercial management of its customers.
- Chad : 2 training courses on the management of municipal waste were carried out in N’djamena.
- Niger : the City of Paris called upon the FNWTC for evaluating its Water and Sanitation cooperation program.
- Burkina Faso : the FNWTC is directing the hydraulic component of the decentralized cooperation program of the Limousin Regional Council.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo : the European Union entrusted the FNWTC with the development of a training plan for ”REGIDESO”. The FNWTC carried out, on behalf of the International Committee of the Red Cross, training courses on energy consumption in pumping stations.
- China : the FNWTC contributed to capa city building in the sludge treatment plant of Shanghai.
(The News N° 16 - December 2008)
In 2008, IOWater’s National Water Training Center (CNFME) had intensive activities abroad for training staffs of water utilities.
- In Algeria, the CNFME worked for : _ The Water and Sanitation Company of Algiers : operation of wastewater treatment plants and pumping stations, etc. ;
- Consulting firms : design and sizing of wastewater treatment plants ;
- The Ministry of Professional Training, with "INWENT" : training of trainers on the treatment of urban and industrial effluents ;
- Degremont Algeria : operation of the water treatment units using chlorine in the drinking water production plant of Constantine ;
- The Algerian Water Company department in Jijel, in support to SCE : development of the training plan and training courses on customers’ management, drinking water supply, leak detection.
- In Lebanon, collaboration with the Aquarius Company was confirmed by the training of its executives on drinking water production.
- In the Democratic Republic of the Congo :
- the European Union entrusted CNFME with the development of a training plan for REGIDESO on drinking water production and supply ;
- the CNFME trainers carried out, on behalf of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), training courses on pumping stations.
- In Tunisia, the CNFME trained the executives of the Ministry for Agriculture on the optimization of pumping stations in irrigation and drinking water supply. It also carried out the feasibility study of a wastewater treatment plant using "Filters Planted with Reeds" within the Twinning between Nabeul Governorate and the Regional Council of Limousin.
- In Bulgaria, the CNFME carried out a training course on technical management for executives of wastewater treatment plants.