In 2009, the Volta Basin Authority (ABV) has planned to improve the spreading of water projects outputs among decision-makers as well as their use to the best advantage. Since April 2007, through the Cooperation Framework for Technical and Financial partners of the Volta Basin Authority (ABV), the commitment is to develop an information system in order to improve internal communication between stakeholders and external communication, considering this information systel is part of the strategy and tools for information of the Basin Volta Authority.
In this framework, IOWater has been entitled for :
- Preparing and configuring open sources management tools on a server of IOWater, in order to manage the ABV future multilingual Web Portal (FR/EN) and data source catalogue
- Organising the transfer of these appications on a server of the Volta Basin Authority
- Organising a training session for the the system administrators and for representatives of the 6 countries concerned.
IOWater has been providing the following services :
- Temporary provision of disk space on a server of IOWater with Internet connection.
- Installation of appropriate software for operating applications
- Installation and configuration of a metadata catalogue including in particular the configuration of database, of working groups, of users, of metadata models for capture
- Organisation of the transfer of the tools
- Organisation of a one week training session