The International Office for Water was the leader of this ‘Twinning Light’ which involved also experts from the French Ministry of Ecology and Sustainable Development and from Geological Survey.
Under the supervision of the Ministry of the Environment, Energy and Regional Planning, the new Slovenian Environment Agency was the main recipient of the project which dealt with tools for water quality assessment :
• analysis of Slovenian needs and presentation of the French experience in water quality assessment,
• evaluation and proposal for improving the networks, monitoring surface and ground waters,
• providing tools for water quality assessment and adapting them to Slovene conditions,
• practical work on the Kamniska Bistrica basin.
• Assessment of sampling and laboratory procedures
• Definition of harmonised codification for analytical results from laboratories
• provision of software for the evaluation of water quality (calculation of the water quality classes from row data)
• test on pilot basin
• organisation of workshops and training