The twinning CZ2001/IB-EN-01 dealt with the implementation of the European Framework Directive 2000/60/EC. It was carried out by a Group of Member States (United Kingdom – group leader -, Austria and France), in which IOWater was mainly responsible for the organization of management plans at the level of a pilot river basin (Orlice Povodi), for public participation and the network for monitoring and following-up aquatic environments.
The part entrusted to IOWater dealt with :
• the drafting of a manual for the evaluation of procedures ;
• training on procedures for preparing a management plan for the pilot Basin ;
• training on the use of the decision-making support system ;
• the development of a strategy for long-term data management ;
• the development of strategies for medium-term and short-term data management ;
• a strategy for dialogue with partners and the population - with a view to using it in the preparation of a management plan in the pilot Orlice basin ;
• the practical implementation of this strategy.
• the economic aspects of the Framework Directive ;
• an illustration : the characterization of the Orlice basin.